Squish is a candy company committed to the pursuit of excellence. We seek out the highest quality ingredients, uniquely innovative candy makers, the most exciting flavours on the planet and the finest talent to work within our team.JOIN US!
Do you love being challenged and would you like the opportunity to be creative and grow with a Montreal based candy company? Then we are looking for you! Join our fun and dynamic team and become a part of Montreal’s greatest Candy Success Story! Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
The ideal candidate should be well organized, have solid communication skills and have an eye for detail. The controller must have solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills. The controller will play a large role in formulating company budgets and ensuring that expenses are in line with projected revenue. The candidate will be responsible for providing financial and operational services including processing and monitoring payments, invoices and expenses, monitoring payroll and ensuring all required spreadsheets and databases are up to date and assisting with the month end and year end processes. This position will report to the President.
• Plan, direct and coordinate all accounting operational functions
• Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
• Prepare internal and external financial statements
• Coordinate activities of external auditors
• Provide management with information vital to the decision-making process
• Manage the budget process
• Assess current accounting operations, offer recommendations for improvement and implement new processes
• Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
• Develop and monitoring business performance metrics
• Oversee regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
• Participate in the implementation of accounting systems and IT management tools
• Develop inventory analysis reports and analyzing variances
• Train and retain skilled accounting staff
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• CPA Candidate
• Knowledge of QuickBooks a plus
• Knowledge of Shopify Plus platform a plus
• Knowledge in Retail environment a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal and multi-tasking skills are essential
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
• Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
SQUISH Candies – Montréal, QC
Founded in Montreal, SQUISH is North America’s first artisanal candy store, specializing in over 100 flavours of awesomely delicious gourmet gummies.
We aim to the lead the confectionary space with excellence in taste while always keeping in mind the use of quality ingredients, flavour innovation and emerging categories such as vegan and the use of alternative sugars. SQUISH was founded with the goal of making each customer’s day better. We believe that candy is a joyful experience that brings a moment of sweetness and enjoyment to an otherwise busy, full life.
We are looking for a playful, creative mind to develop our brand on the Web and on Social media. Working closely with the e-commerce team, the Marketing Coordinator will coordinate content creation for the campaigns, company website, newsletters and social media ensuring content stays up to date and relevant. The candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing. This position will report to the Marketing Manager.
• Develop strategic marketing initiatives and activities.
• Support the marketing and design teams by coordinating and collating content.
• Setup tracking systems for marketing campaigns and online activities.
• Manage print contractors and other promotional vendors if needed.
• Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Assist in the development and implementation of the company’s brand strategy.
• Ensure all marketing efforts serve to achieve immediate and long-term business goals, identifying and executing improvements for processes, content, and lead generation.
• Prepare marketing activity reports and metrics for measuring program success.
• Provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and consumer trends.
• Write content performance reports and publications based on the terms agreed upon with the marketing team; make recommendations to improve on results going forward.
• Develop brand content guidelines.
• Update the marketing calendar to ensure regular content on the website, in newsletters, and on social media throughout the year.
• Oversee all content creation activities for the organization’s website, newsletters, and social media (Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, Twitter, Linkedln).
• Take part in creative briefings and brainstorming sessions.
• Develop and draft engaging on-brand communications for SQUISH.
• Plan, develop, and draft concepts for the Web and social media.
• Formulate ideas that are creative, innovative, and relevant.
• Articulate the rationale behind content ideas.
• Be the eyes and ears of the brand by following online conversations and establishing a close relationship with the target market.
• Bachelors degree in Marketing/Communications or related (essential).
• Experience in the world of digital communications and mastery of the various social media platforms.
• Highly articulate with an excellent command of written English and French.
• Excellent writer (short and sweet for digital content).
• Critical thinker with strong problem-solving and research proficiencies.
• Keen consumer of content, always up to date on the news and on trends (be they editorial, digital, or advertising related).
• Instagram & Tik Tok lover.
• Highly knowledgeable of social media best practices.
• Strategic mind with a vision for our product.
• Infinite imaginative ideas on the same theme for engaging content.
• Collaborative and playful personality.
Social Media Unicorn
SQUISH Candies – Montréal, QC Job Description
Founded in Montreal, SQUISH is North America’s first artisanal candy store, specializing in over 100 flavours of awesomely delicious gourmet gummies. We aim to the lead the confectionary space with excellence in taste while always keeping in mind the use of quality ingredients, flavour innovation and emerging categories such as vegan and the use of alternative sugars.
SQUISH was founded with the goal of making each customer’s day better. We believe that candy is a joyful experience that brings a moment of sweetness and enjoyment to an otherwise busy, full life.
The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of social media landscape as well as general communications best practices. The Social Media Unicorn will be able to work well under guidance, and under ideal conditions, grow into a trusted and self-sufficient member of our communications team. Top candidate will be fantastic at being creative, effective at short-form copywriting and thorough in the creative communications process. This position will report to the Marketing Manager.
• Market research of competitors.
• Overview analysis of Influencer space on each major platform.
• Identification of potential Influencer partners.
• Select and work with a group of influencers to build said social media campaign aligned with brand objectives and brand voice.
• Launch an integrated social campaign across multiple channels.
• Provide analysis of results and KPIs of campaign.
• Create images, writing copy & diffusing material on various social media platforms, including: Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram and Tik Tok.
• Own the daily execution and posting of the Instagram account (product tag, user handles, location tags and other posting requirements).
• Daily coordination with the Marketing team to brainstorm content creation planning and ensure all assets and briefs are ready on time.
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
• 1+ years of relevant experience in social media.
• Direct experience with handling an Instagram and Tik Tok accounts.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• A great communicator and collaborator with people of all levels, with excellent written and verbal communicator.
• A proven team player and remain flexible in achieving the appropriate outcome.
• Ability to always add value and a desire to make a real difference.
• A strong desire to develop a career in Marketing.