Squish is a candy company committed to the pursuit of excellence. We seek out the highest quality ingredients, uniquely innovative candy makers, the most exciting flavours on the planet and the finest talent to work within our team.JOIN US!
Do you love being challenged and would you like the opportunity to be creative and grow with a Montreal based candy company? Then we are looking for you! Join our fun and dynamic team and become a part of Montreal’s greatest Candy Success Story! Send us your resume at email@example.com
Warehouse - Production Worker
· Measure, weigh, and count products and materials needed for production.
· Assemble various candy packaged products, gifts and novelty items per the daily production schedule.
· Clean candy containers, materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
· Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products to ensure that packing specifications are met.
· Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms.
· Mark and label containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools.
· Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them in specified areas.
· Responsible for quality control procedures for packaged products.
· Must be able to take direction involving day to day activities.
· Wear his or her protective gear (mask-gloves-smock-hair net and shoe covers).
· Pack goods to be shipped
· Help out on various production lines when necessary.
· Perform other duties as assigned by Management, Supervisors and/or Leads
· Assist team members in their job duties when needed
· Communicate with warehouse to have the right supplies brought to production room.
· This position could work in any department of this processing facility.
· While performing the duties of the job the employee will stand for an extended period of time, walk, bend, stoop, occasionally lift up to 25 lbs., use arms and hands at or above shoulder height, and operate simple equipment (manual sealer, digital scale…).
PHYSICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Preferred: experience in food service or food preparation.
· Preferred: knowledge of health and hygiene procedures
· Preferred: High School Diploma or GED
· Previous Production experience - 2 years required.
· Dynamic, flexible and detailed oriented
· Self-starter, motivated by challenges
· Demonstrated problem-solving skills
· Ability to work at a pace to meet production goals
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· The ability to organize and prioritize effectively
· Excellent attendance and punctuality
· Additionally, candidate should have an interest in creative candy packaging and assembly, similar to patisserie work.